Tuesday, March 30, 2010

AK's Boo-Boo :(

Poor AK had her first real sports injury tonight in her pre-game warm up. She was in the batting cage and according to her, the ball "curved" at the last minute and she caught her thumb between the ball and good hard swing. I don't think I have ever seen a smashed finger look that bad! Poor little thing. She was so brave but I know it hurt so badly.

Fortunately, Brian T was on site to look at it for me and give me some suggestions as to how to drain the blood from behind her nail. However, about 30 minutes later, he had Ashley call me to say if we wanted to come over, that he had a tool at home and he would do it for me. So sweet!!!! We went right over and in just a couple of seconds, it was over and AK never felt a thing! I told her that now her thumb is like a little ghost with two "eyes" in it. She was so brave during the whole night. I don't think I have ever seen a child or adult handle a situation like that as well as she did. She is my hero.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home